The African Climate Technology Centre supports the inclusion of climate change technologies into the preparation and implementation of Investment Programs and Projects.
For Mitigation – program and project support may include:
- Mainstreaming low carbon and clean technologies in SEforALL Action Agenda (AA) and Investment Prospectus (IP) as part of the implementation of the initiative at national level.
- Project facilitation (last mile support) to reach a final investment decision and approval of viable projects that would contribute to climate change mitigation. This could involve advice and support on resolution of remaining outstanding issues (technical, policy, regulatory, financial, legal and other matters), addressing project risks and development of a risk mitigation strategy, finalization of the project documentation required for the project to be ready for financing.
- Mobilization of financing for eligible investment programs and projects contributing to climate change mitigation. This may involve advice and support on the most appropriate mix of financing instruments for a project, the project financing structure(s) and support for mobilizing the African Development Bank’s financing instruments and other sources of financing outside the AfDB (including public-private partnerships arrangements when feasible) that could readily be deployed.
For Adaptation – program and project support may include:
- Support for climate change risk assessment in project preparation to AfDB task managers and countries and to assure that appropriate water related adaptation technologies are considered in AfDB interventions.
- Support project/program preparation studies and design reviews to ensure appropriate climate change adaptation technologies (e.g. indigenous and cutting edge technologies related to early warning, water saving/reuse, and flood and drought management, watershed management, etc.) are disseminated and applied – linked to TNAs where appropriate.
- Support countries in accessing project preparation facilities like the African Water Facility and others with a view to ensure climate change adaptation technologies are mainstreamed in design of countries’ future projects/ programs.
- Support countries in accessing additional funding including AfDB hosted funds such as RWSSI-TF and ClimDev-Africa Program Special Fund to make projects resilient to climate variability and change and to ensure their sustainability.
Technical Assistance request should be addressed to the Secretariat of the ACTC. Eligibility and submission forms can be found here.