The African Climate Technology Centre supports Knowledge creation and Networking for Adaptation and Mitigation.
The African Climate Technology Centre (ACTC) stimulates Knowledge creation, dissemination and Networking for Mitigation (Energy) and Adaption (Water). Knowledge products are generated through calls for proposals targeting research institutes, universities, national climate centers especially in Africa.
Topics are including:
- Mapping of African climate technology centers, national climate funds and potential public/private sector champions;
- Analysis of market and institutional issues constraining the commercial dissemination of climate friendly technologies; and
- Dissemination of modalities for accessing specialized climate financing
The ACTC supports networking and dissemination through:
- Organisation of and participation to networking events;
- Internet platform for diffusion and sharing of information; and
- Establishment of and support to thematic networking for low-carbon and climate-resilient development.