The African Climate Technology Centre supports knowledge creation and networking for Adaptation and Mitigation.
ACTC stimulates knowledge creation, dissemination and networking for Mitigation (Energy) and Adaption (Water). Knowledge products are generated through calls for proposals targeting research institutes, universities and national climate centres, especially in Africa.
- Mapping of African climate technology centres, national climate funds and potential public/private sector champions;
- Analysis of market and institutional issues constraining the commercial dissemination of climate-friendly technologies; and
- Dissemination of modalities for accessing specialised climate financing.
The ACTC supports networking and dissemination through:
- The organisation of and participation in networking events;
- Providing an internet platform for the diffusion and sharing of information; and
- The establishment of and support of thematic networking for low-carbon and climate-resilient development.